- 35ml of dark Jamaican rum
- 25ml of aged rum
- A glug of orange curaçao
- A dash of sugar sirop
- A glug of orgeat (almond) sirop
- 35ml of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 35ml of orange juice
- A dash of cinnamon & nutmeg (optional)
- Preferred glass would be a wine glass, or a highball
- Garnish with tropical fruits
Shake everything with ice. Strain into a wine glass, or pour it all into a highball glass if you want the ice. Garnish with tropical fruits and dress up in anything that you might wear on your body if you found yourself in Tahiti. Finish with a few straws, and drink while staring at the horizon.
Note that I add nutmeg and cinnamon as an optional ingredient. This is because I've been forever harping after an elusive rum punch that I was served in a really crappy hotel in the Caribbean. I reckon that this was the secret ingredients, and I tend to add these spices to anything with rum and fruit juices.
I still long to recreate that drink...