- 50ml of Rye whiskey
- 25ml of Sweet vermouth
- A glug of Bénédictine Liqueur
- A dash of Bitters, preferably Peychaud's
- A dash of Túnel De Mallorca liqueur, or a dash of absinthe.
- Top with Maraschino cherries on a stick
- Preferred glass would be a Coupe, or a cocktail glass
I'm a big fan of the Liquor.com newsletter updates and it's a great day when they highlight a cocktail that's right up my street. Sometimes I find that I'm a few ingredients missing, but I'm game enough to find some suitable alternatives (because that's how we all discovered re new things!), so here is my take on their recent La Louisiane Cocktail.
Stir all the ingredients as you would for a Manhattan or Martini, and pour into a coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish with a stick of Maraschino cherries.
This cocktail is best appreciated after a long hard cycle ride in Majorca, just before dinner, and then followed by a very restful sleep full of mountain dreams.