Sunday Corpse Reviver Number Two. A superb drink to start the evening meal.
How To Make: Corpse Reviver #2
- 25ml of Gin
- 25ml of Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 25ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 25ml of Lillet
- A dash of Absinthe or pastis
- Garnish with a sprig of mint
- Preferred glass would be a Champagne Coupe
There are several versions of the Corpse Reviver, I can find 4 and they are all wildly different to each other, but my first experience was #2. Sometimes a Savoy Corpse Reviver is served as a Corpse Reviver #2 and they are totally different, so be on your guard.
Prepare a Champagne Coupe by leaving it in the freezer for 15 minutes. Coat the now frosted glass with a dash of Absinthe. Shake the Gin, Cointreau, Lillet & lemon juice with ice in a cocktail shaker, and strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint.